TopChop Alfalfa is a natural product made from top quality British alfalfa, with a light dressing of linseed oil and real mint. TopChop Alfalfa contains no added molasses or any other sugar coating. It is ideal for working horses, broodmares and youngstock.
TopChop Alfalfa is of similar nutritional value to good quality haylage but contains less sugar. The formula for TopChop Alfalfa was tested and developed at the Middle Park Equine Research Centre and has been approved by the nutritional team as suitable for all horses and ponies other than those that need to lose weight (TopSpec nutritionists recommend TopChop Lite is used for horses and ponies that need to lose weight).
It is ideal for horses and ponies needing to gain weight and for all breeding stock because of its good quality protein, low starch levels and high levels of bioavailable calcium.
- Pure high-temperature-dried British alfalfa with added real mint to improve palatability and lightly dressed with linseed oil (so that nutritious alfalfa leaves can be included in the chop).
- Contains no molasses or any other sugar coating.
- Very low in sugar and starch (including fructans).
- The alfalfa provides a natural source of anti-oxidants.
- Contains no preservatives or artificial additives or colourings.