- Performance horses intolerant to high starch/cereal based diets
- Horses of a nervous disposition, to maintain a more even and trainable temperament
- Horses that are prone to tying up
Features & Benefits
- Cereal free
- Low starch, uses a variety of preferred fibre sources for energy instead
- High levels of “super-fibres” to promote a healthy digestive system
- Superior antioxidant levels to assist normal muscle function
- Highly fortified with supporting minerals
- Quality protein to aid muscle and tissue repair and renewal
Re-leve® is a high-performance mix, specifically designed to replace all cereal and hard feed for horses in work that have a nervous disposition, or react adversely to high starch levels. “Super-fibres” and oils provide a safe energy source, especially for horses prone to tying up, or those with difficult temperaments.
Re-leve® is a performance ration that has been based on extensive collaborative research carried out by Dr Stephanie Valberg, at the University of Minnesota, and Kentucky Equine Research in Lexington.
Re-leve® provides the equine athlete with the levels of energy required for performance using a variety of alternative energy sources to cereals. Highly fermentable fibres and high oil levels reduce the reliance on starch, and high levels of antioxidants, Vitamin E and selenium, are included to assist normal muscle function.
It is recommended that 0.5kg – 1.0kg of Equi-Jewel® (rice bran supplement) is fed daily alongside Re-leve® to boost energy levels, if required. This palatable supplement is naturally high in oil and fibre, but low in starch, so it is a very compatible product.
Re-Leve also contains a fortified soya hull fibre pellet to provide a concentrated source of proteins, trace elements and yeast. The inclusion of a yeast culture that is specifically designed for the equine ensures optimal microbial activity, which in turn helps to promote enzyme production that enhances phosphorous, magnesium and potassium absorption as well as promoting fibre digestion.
High levels of antioxidant micronutrients, such as vitamin E and selenium, are included together with daily levels of electrolytes to assist normal muscle function. An electrolyte such as Restore should be fed in addition in most cases and horses should always receive at least 1.5% of their bodyweight as good quality forage.