As horses get older, they often need a little extra help to maintain their condition and topline. It’s worth remembering that it’s not just horses that are in regular active work which are likely to need additional nutritional help as the years advance. All older horses can benefit.
Getting the feed balance just right in a veteran requires an innate understanding of the changing nutritional needs of the older equine. The Pure Feed Company has launched its own dedicated range of quality feeds for Veterans that does all that hard work for you.
- Perfect for older horses and ponies
- Low in sugar and starch so suitable to feed to a horse with cushings or laminitis
- Higher oil content to help maintain weight and promote condition
- High quality amino acids to help prevent muscle wastage and maintain topline
- Palatable and high in digestible fibre
- Contains our balancer tailored specifically for the older horse and their requirements
- Contains a soft chop making it easier for the older horse to chew
- Contains a pre and probiotic to help maintain digestive health
- Non- heating -Contains no added sugar, no molasses and no wholegrain cereals to help avoid any diet related excitability
Digestible Energy 9.7MJ/kg, Protein 13.0%, Oil 7.0%, Fibre 27.0%, Starch 3.0%, Naturally Occurring Sugar 4.0%, Calcium 0.48%, Phosphorus 0.18%, Vitamin K 3.5mg/kg, Vitamin A 14174iu/kg, Vitamin D3 2834iu/kg, Vitamin E 355mg/kg, Vitamin C 14mg/kg, Vitamin B1 73mg/kg, Vitamin B2 22mg/kg, Vitamin B12 0.1mg/kg, Vitamin B6 22mg/kg, Niacin 98mg/kg, Folic Acid 35.7mg/kg, Biotin 5.3mg/kg, Magnesium 0.15g/kg, Copper 37mg/kg, Naturally Occurring Iron 20mg/kg, Manganese 55.7mg/kg, Zinc 81mg/kg, Selenium 0.4mg/kg, Iodine 0.7mg/kg, Salt 1.1%, Choline 35.4mg/kg, Lysine 5g/kg, Methionine 1.4g/kg, Brewers Yeast 1.2g/kg and Profeed 3.5g/kg.
400-600g per 100kg of body weight depending on condition and work done.
Dampen well with water before feeding