A complete, high-calorie fibre feed containing the latest ingredients known to promote gut health including alfalfa.
Taking the latest ingredients known to promote gut health, including alfalfa grown in our own fields, Healthy Tummy is the ideal way to keep your horse healthy and happy.
Recent research suggests that once horses begin training their likelihood of developing gastric ulcers increases. 17-58% of competition and show horses in competitive work have ulcers and the most surprising results were that pleasure horses – 37-59% suffer from EGUS. While there are many possible causes, high concentrate diets and intense exercise have been identified as the trigger in many equines.
Feeding more fibre and reducing reliance on cereal based feeds can be beneficial and advice is that starch intake should be less than 2g per KG of bodyweight per day to reduce the risk of ulcers.
The new BETA approval mark for equines prone to EGUS created in conjunction with the VMD and launched earlier this year has been created to help owners identify feeds that are suitable for horses and ponies prone to Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome.
- Provides 11.5MJ/kg of Digestible Energy, which is comparable to a medium energy mix or cube
- Made from pure alfalfa which is naturally low in sugar and starch and is proven to be a natural buffer to maintain correct acidity levels in the digestive tract
- Contains Protexin In-Feed Formula, which supplies prebiotics and yeast to maintain gut health.
- A high specification of vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins plus additional magnesium and calcium are included to help maintain optimal digestive health
- Contains a unique blend of herbs including oregano, cinnamon and ginger which are believed to be powerful antioxidants
- A light oil coating has been included for slow release energy and coat shine
- Free from molasses and preservatives
Digestible Energy 11.5MJ/kg, Protein 14.0%, Oil 8.5%, Fibre 27.0%, Ash 9.5%, Naturally Occurring Sugar 4.5%, Starch 2.0%, Copper 12mg/kg, Selenium 0.25mg/kg, Zinc 64mg/kg, Biotin 6mg/kg
Alfalfa, alfalfa pellets, rape seed oil, vitamin and mineral premix, protexin in-feed formula, yeast and prebiotics, herbs